How to drive with Sun Glare:
Driving on a beautiful sunny Irish day can provide some stunning scenery especially in the Dublin Mountains, but it can also create a major hazard if the driver’s view is compromised by a glaring sun.
Just after sunrise and before sunset the sun can shine directly into drivers’ eyes, leaving many motorists driving with a sun glare. This sun glare can make it much harder to see the road ahead and potential hazards creating an added risk to drivers. When sun glare is an issue slow down and use extra caution especially while driving through school zones.
So how can you protect yourself? TINT IT offers these tips for motorists when driving into the sun:
- Invest in a good comfortable pair of polarized sunglasses – they can help reduce glare.
- Utilize your sun visor – it can help to block out the sun.
- Leave more following room – when the sun is in your eyes it can be hard to see what the car ahead is doing. This is one more time when it pays to leave more room between you and the next vehicle.
- Drive with your headlights on to increase your visibility to other drivers
- Invest in Window Tinting - which can be provided by TINT IT
- Keep your windshield clean, inside and out
- Check your windshield for pitting and cracks
- Avoid storing papers or other items on the dashboard
- If having a difficult time seeing the road, use lane markings to help guide you.
Rarely will visibility be absolutely perfect while driving, but if motorists know this and make the proper adjustments, you can minimize any additional risks that come with less-than-optimal visual conditions.
Invest in good window tinting to solve sun glare issues and driving during the day